Sunday, August 3, 2014

Studio view, coming together...



As I embark on bringing the figure back into my work, I couldn't help but place my earlier, copper sculpture, "Metamorphosis" into the mix...and I see there is a nice "dialogue". Recent events turned my perception of what I've been doing 180 degrees and I see things in a fresh perspective...in fact, that process of "cutting through what's known" is what it's all about for me. But, I can get complacent very easily ( usually motivated by fear and a desire to "have the answers") - I'm glad there are people (teachers, etc) who can wake me up again.

The process of art-making really is supernatural - there are things that happen during the process that I can't explain...and I like that. It brings surprise, vitality and magic into my life and I can only hope that my images offer the viewer that experience as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment