Tuesday, February 18, 2014

World of Worlds

Think outside the box, think outside your world....a painting from a few years back - dealing with the idea that one can become quite "contained" within the concept of what constitutes "the world" for oneself. When, in fact, we human beings have been given the potential
(and perhaps our obligation to our own evolution) to expand beyond the scope and consciousness of just a single understanding of what constitutes "our world". I'm not referring to the countless inhabited planets in our known universe ( that only makes sense and is fairly obvious) - but more to a connection with a greater inner consciousness that permeates that universe, and other dimensions beyond our (at present) limited imagination.
 I understand that these sorts of ideas will have no resonance for many ( those content to 'chew on their patch of grass' before its they're time to die, or those caught up and rationalizing how important the affairs of men are).  There are others who feel an insistent "call" to grow in the kind of understanding I'm talking about... its you I humbly make my pictures for. Perhaps I come across as arrogant when I say I'm of those sort who say... "I have complete pessimism in the multitude, and complete optimism in the individual" - so be it.


No comments:

Post a Comment