Monday, February 17, 2014

Heated Exchange

Ultimately, to enjoy any kind of true inner freedom, I'm of the understanding that one needs to detach what one identifies as "myself" to the "small-self" emotions that rise up. I react to outside events
( a check in the mail!) or inner conditions ( such as fear of not getting what I want), and a corresponding "self" emotion takes hold : I am happy, I am sad, I am bored...etc.
How does one find a place in oneself in which to observe and accept (without needing to change) these various, ever-changing smaller emotions as they come and go? And, if one is able to do so, can one then allow larger, deeper emotions - unnameable emotions to enter?



1 comment:

  1. Very Profound.....I am going to have to ponder that one for a while.. ; )

    Love the imagery

    ReplyDelete